It has begun...

Yesterday afternoon, I had my first class of the semester. This semester I am only taking one class - EE567: Introduction to Communication Systems. This will be class #8/9 towards my Master's degree. My initial thoughts and impressions:

  • This class will be more practically oriented than most of my classes so far. This is good - too much abstraction makes my head swim and "theory" is not my cup of tea.
  • This class will stretch me a bit as it takes a very global view of Communications. I am a detail-oriented person. I think it will be good as I have more and more realized that a "big picture" view is very important.
  • This class is very relevant to what my department at work does. I should become a better and more knowledgeable employee as a result of what I learn.

As I am now back on fellowship status and schedule, I only have to work 24 hours a week. This will give me plenty of time to focus on studying and homework.

I have resolved a couple things in the last few weeks. Firstly, I will no longer use my computer at home during the week (unless I truly have a need). I have found that I spend a lot of time doing mostly useless crap and my time could be better optimized. Besides, I probably get enough eyestrain spending 9 hours a day on the computer at work. The others relate to the above: I plan to use the extra time to exercise (more about that in my health blog) and practice guitar. I also need to step up my commitment level to Bible study. I do prepare, but it is almost always the night before or the day of rather than a continual absorption. I am certainly getting something out of it, but feel I would get more out of it if I actually did some every day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment