MEAT!

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to eat at a couple pretty good restaurants.

Friday night the family and I went to Skooby's in Hermosa Beach. I got a double burger and an Arrogant Bastard ale. It's probably the best burger I've had in California. Being a good Midwestern boy, I grew up on flat grilled burgers. None of this charbroiled rubbish for me! At any rate, Skooby's serves a great burger, homemade fries, and the beer just topped it off.

Saturday evening we got take-out from Hickory Pit BBQ in Torrance (SE corner of Torrance and Western in Hermosa Beach). It was also quite good. I got a rib platter and we split our sides (potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans). The ribs were a bit sauce-heavy but that's easily remedied with the side of a fork.

0 comments:

Post a Comment