Ongoing Treatment

After being off the IV antibiotics for only a few days, I felt myself getting slightly worse. I saw the doctor this morning who was not hesitant to put me on another two weeks. The plan is to continue with both the oral and IV antibiotics for another two weeks, and then move to an inhaled antibiotic that will be taken with a nebulizer. This will be a long-term treatment. The doctor said that pseudomonas is remarkably hard to wipe out completely as not all the individual bacteria are exact clones. Some are slightly different (and resistant). Thus the multi-pronged approach. I really hope that this course of treatment does indeed offer some long-term relief - I have grown weary of being acutely sick. I continue to try to remain upbeat and hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have a responsive--and responsible--doctor.

    ReplyDelete