Quality Time With Grandma Jean

Grandma Jean, my mom's mom, has been visiting from Florida for about a week and a half. She leaves tomorrow to return home. We've been having a good time and I took a couple days off last week to hang out with her. Some of the highlights include:

  • Eating at both my favorite breakfast places (Rudy's and Crème de la Crêpe)
  • Selecting pictures from Grandma Grace's 100th birthday party for a collage (seen at the end of this post)
  • Watching classic family favorites like It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World and The Princess Bride
  • Greek food at George's Greek Cafe in Long Beach (The roasted shoulder of lamb special on Friday nights is the best lamb and some of the best meat I've ever eaten)
  • And lots of Pinochle!

It's been a fun week and a half and I'll be sad to see her leave. I'm already planning my next trip out to Florida - hopefully around November.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet Grandma Jean yesterday. I must say, you've quite the family legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely blessed to be very close to my extended family on both sides, even though we're pretty spread out geographically.

    ReplyDelete